Friday, January 7, 2022

1-7-2022


Mary’s Minute

“Every problem has a solution; it may sometimes just need another perspective.” 

― Katherine Russell

I pride myself in being a problem solver.  We all have problems and use different strategies to solve them.  I am drawing blank about a solution for my challenge du jour, so I decided to focus first on problem solving methods that are helpful to me:

Flux capacitor – In the movie Back to the Future, Doc came up with the idea of the flux capacitor after hitting his head.  It was an “aha” moment.  Sometimes the solution just comes to us.

Synergy – Two (or more) heads are better than one.  As we bounce ideas off of each other, new ideas emerge.

Forest for the Trees – Sometimes we need to take a step back to look at the big picture in order to see a solution.

Trees for the Forest – Other times we need to dig deeper and look closely at the situation, looking very closely at the data for a solution.

Sleep on it – I have been amazed at the times that an answer comes to me in my sleep or at least after I have stepped away from a problem.

I hope this doesn’t sound like a lecture on problem solving methodologies.  I appreciate the chance to step back and think about how an answer is possible.  For now, I definitely am choosing the last approach!

                                                                         Have a great week!

                                                                                    Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment