Friday, January 28, 2022

1-28-2022

 


I am a big fan of romantic comedies.  I love a light-hearted movie that makes me laugh and has a happy ending.  I not only love happy endings, but I also am enough of an optimistic that I believe in happy endings!  Dramas take too much energy for me, and I despise horror movies.

I realized that life is not always tied up with a pretty bow at the end of a set amount of time, like rom-coms.  I do believe that when we see the good in what we do and in others, that things work out. 

The fictional philosopher Ted Lasso said that rom-coms remind us that it will work out.  It may not be the way we wanted it to work out or occur in the way that we thought it would work out, but it will work out.  Our job is to let it go!

I know that I can’t totally treat my life with the carefree spirit that is allowable in a 1 hour and 50 minute fictional love story interspersed with some laughs.  I still need to plan.  I need to put in the work.  I need to spend time thinking about hard topics and devote my energy to being productive. 

I do love treating life -- at least my philosophy of life -- like that of a romantic comedy, where I believe that good things will happen, and that laughing is good for the soul.

We all have our favorite movie genre, but if you want to choose a philosophy from a movie type, I encourage you to choose to see the good, choose to laugh, and choose to let it go, with a good rom-com! 

                                                                    Have a great week!

                                                                                                 Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment