Friday, January 21, 2022

1-21-2022

 


Mary’s Minute

 “Recognition is a reward in itself. Any form of appreciation, even a small word, is important.”

                                                                                                      ~ Vikrant Massey

Last week to start the weekend, I received an unexpected text from a teacher, expressing appreciation.  It meant a lot – it really meant a lot.  (I won’t say the name of who texted me, but I hope the person reads this!)

When you ask employees what they crave, they almost always list being appreciated at the top of the list. 

We all like to be tough at times and say that it doesn’t matter what other people think, or being truly altruistic, we may say that we do what we do for the right reasons and not for the recognition.  Still, we all like to be appreciated. 

As employers, as friends, as teachers, as family members, showing appreciation is an easy way to make others more satisfied.  Speaking from personal experience, I know it should be easy to do because in my heart I have tremendous gratitude, but I don’t do the job I should in expressing that appreciation.  Life goals!  I want to write more notes, send more texts, say more kind words of appreciation. 

Showing appreciation is indeed important!  I want to do better in letting the people in my work and personal life know that they are indeed appreciated.  If you are reading this, please know you are appreciated!  (Honestly, just you taking time to read MM is so appreciated and humbling.)

                                                                              Have a great week!

                                                                                          Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment