Friday, October 9, 2020

10-9-2020

 

Mary’s Minute“Worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you anywhere.”

Correction does much, but encouragement does more.”

                                                                      ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Critical feedback is an important part of growth.  We learn from our mistakes.  Assessment is important part of the learning process, as teachers provide feedback to help students learn and grow.  Correction does much…

But encouragement does more.  At the beginning of the school year, I asked staff members what they needed from me.  Many said, encouragement. 

Although we strive for internal motivation that helps us depend less on positive reinforcement from others, at the very least we all appreciate praise/reinforcement/encouragement. 

I am grateful for the encouragement I get from others, and I am motivated to do better. 

I see more than ever that people are struggling right now.  I want to encourage my friends and family – and even those outside my immediate circle.  What people are doing right now to not only survive, but thrive, is nothing short of amazing. 

 My goal is to see all the good in others and remember to tell them! 

                                                            Have a great fall break!

                                                                                     Mary

 





No comments:

Post a Comment