Friday, October 2, 2020

10-2-2020

 

Mary’s Minute“Worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you anywhere.”





Choices are the hinges of destiny.”

                                                  ~ Edwin Markham


I feel like in many ways we have been in limbo for the last 6 months since the pandemic started.  It doesn’t feel like we are choosing much of anything, but rather just “being.”  It feels at times that we are just holding on and not choosing. 

 What we need to remember is that by not choosing, we are still choosing.  Doing nothing is a passive choice.  I am not an economics theory expert, so my oldest son might correct me on this, but I think there is a parallel between making no choice and opportunity cost.  By not choosing, what are we losing?

 Life is full of choices – active and passive.  We need to choose wisely, and also remember that things we do and things we don’t do are choices.

 This continues to be a challenging time, and I am amazed at the positivity I see every day!  I want to remember that I need to make active choices, and not just passively let the world make choices for me because no choice is a choice. 

                                                    Have a great week!

                                                                      Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment