Thursday, March 11, 2021

3-12-2021

 


Mary’s Minute


“Laughter is an instant vacation.”

                                                                            ~ Milton Berle

 Last weekend my sister, Sofie visited with me for few days.  It was fun to catch up, but most importantly it was great to laugh!  We really laughed!  After feeling stifled and stressed through a pandemic, a vacation seems like just what the doctor ordered, but laughing with my sister was even better!

 We go on vacations as a way to relax and live in the moment.  While we are laughing, we can’t focus on our to-do list or our worries.  In that moment, we simply are feeling pure joy.  It’s no wonder that laughter is scientifically proven to improve mental and physical health. 

 One cool thing laughing is that it isn’t always something we can plan.  Sure, we can set up experiences that lead to laughter, like watching a comedy, but laughing is usually spontaneous.  I don’t even remember what all we laughed about – my driving did give her some good giggles!

 Admittedly, I do love to travel, but laughing really does provide the same benefits!

 

Have a great week, and I hope you can laugh!

                                                                                    Mary

             


No comments:

Post a Comment