Friday, January 1, 2021

1-1-2021

 


Mary’s Minute

“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.”

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

 

“Celebrate what you want to see more of.

~ Tom Peters

 Happy New Year!  It is the first day of 2021 – a new beginning.  I like new beginnings.  January 1 seems to be one of the grandest new beginnings.  As educators, we often use the first day of school as a new beginning.  Each new season is a new beginning, and so are milestones in our life.  They are all rather arbitrary.  Each sunrise is a chance for a new beginning; each breath we take is a chance to begin anew.  I think that major milestones provide a chance to be reflective about our past and plan/dream of our future. 

I admit I live my life more in big picture mode and am not as good at minute goal setting.  I certainly could benefit at times by being more detail oriented, but overall, I like big picture thinking.  For example, when my kids were growing up, we didn’t have a long list of rules to follow.  We had one rule – love one another because when you love one another you do the right things for each other.

I admire the idea of setting goals, but I am more inclined to embrace life with an attitude of waking up each day with an attitude of making it the best day ever and to embrace more of what we want life to be. 

I do plan to make a vision board today in order to manifest my goals for 2021 and use New Year’s Day as a time of reflection about 2020 and how I can be a better person in 2021, but I also will look to every day in 2021 as a chance for a new beginning and a chance to make each day – each moment – better than the one before.

                                                             Happy New Year!

                                                                        Mary


1 comment:

  1. I have a vision side of a bookcase! When I sew, I can look over and become I tune to the energy I want to create! Thank you for your inspirational blog post!

    ReplyDelete