Friday, November 16, 2018

11-16-2018


Mary’s Minute

“I believe in intuitions and inspirations…I sometimes FEEL that I am right.  I do not KNOW that I am.
                                                                           ~ Albert Einstein

Albert Einstein is known as one of the greatest scientists of all time, yet even he believed in intuition – in following our feelings.  I recently found myself in a new situation, and I stood perplexed about what to do, wanting to make the right decision.  Finally someone said, “There is no right or wrong way, just do what feels good.”  I quickly became at ease and was able to make a quick decision.  The event quickly passed, but the words stuck with me. They helped me reflect on the value of following your feelings.  I have this debate with my son, Bill, because as a man of science, he does not see the value in intuition that I do.  I argue that just because we do not understand why our feelings are accurate, does not mean that it can’t be true. 

Even Einstein accepted the need to accept what your heart says.  Sometimes it is your first thought, rather than the careful analytical process, that can offer the best direction. 

Intuition is not a license to avoid problem solving or proven research, but it is permission to value our feelings to lead us in the right direction towards happiness, success, helping others, and making good decisions. 

                                                                  Have a great week!
                                                                                 Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment