Friday, December 16, 2016

12-16-2016

Mary’s Minute
“I like to turn things upside down, to watch pictures and situations from another perspective.”
                                                                 ~ Ursus Wehrli
This quote represents an extreme example of looking at things from another perspective.  I like to consider how things look to other people.  I had a neat talk with someone sharing his experience visiting PC with his grandson for the first time.  It said a lot to me about perspective.  The first part of the story is humorous.  The young man pulled up and saw the dome and was wide-eyed with excitement at the opportunity to play basketball in “the dome.”  His awe dissipated when his perspective changed, and walked in the less impressive interior, surprised at how small it felt. I only laugh about this since pragmatically, the dome has its share of issues! The story of this family continues as they walked around PC.  The person told me that he had never been in Perry Central, but he was impressed at how clean it was and how he could tell from what was posted on the doors and hallways that we had caring teachers!  I know we have great people, but it is nice to see it from another perspective – through the eyes of a visitor.  Likewise, from the inside I know we have top-notch schools, but the perspective of a letter grade from the State DOE offers another perspective.  We may not need to stand on our heads, but it is nice to consider how PC looks from the outside looking in.   Congratulations!  Upside down or right side up, I am proud of you!

                                             Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment