Friday, December 2, 2016

12-2-2016

Mary’s Minute
“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.”
                                                                                ~ Buddha
I don’t consider myself a worrier, but I have a terrible habit of analyzing everything over and over again in my mind.  Time is so precious that losing time to mull over the past or worry about the future is such a waste.  I know this intellectually, but emotionally it is not always easy to let go and live in the moment.  What I like about the advice from Buddha is it reminds us that by living in the present we not only can be happier, but can also be healthier.  That is powerful stuff!  Live in the moment to be happy AND healthy! 
When I think about what makes Perry Central special, I think that the overall ability of our staff members to live in the moment with our students is what helps create our caring community.  Yes, we have to use past data and plan for the future, but what sets PC apart is the ability of our teachers and staff to care about students in the moment.  Our teachers understand that living in the present matters and that our students deserve that!  Here's to living in the present wisely and earnestly!
                                                     Have a great week!

                                                      Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment