Friday, September 24, 2021

9-24-2021

 




Mary’s Minute

“And if you’re ever feeling lonely just look at the moon.  Someone, somewhere, is looking right at it too.”

                                                                                       ~ Anonymous

You may have heard me say before that I love the moon.  Maybe because I remember looking at it with my children, and even singing the Barney song with them as we looked at it.  (“I see the moon and the moon sees me. God bless the moon, and God bless me.”) 

Now that my daughter is an adult, she often sends me pictures of a full moon from wherever she is or will text me with, “Can you see the moon?”  It is comforting to know that we are under the same moon.

The harvest moon was last week, but the weather didn’t cooperate.  I was struggling to see the moon, and at first it was a bit depressing.  Then I had this thought: even when the moon is behind the clouds, it is there.  It is more fun to see a beautiful, bright full moon, but even when we can’t enjoy the site, it is there! 

Metaphorically, we have had our share of cloudy nights.  The moon may not always be visible, but we need to remember that it is there, hidden only by clouds. Bright beauty in so many forms is always there, even when our view of it is blocked. 

And on the nights we can see the moon – on the many days when our students make us smile, we enjoy the sunshine, or one of the many other wonderful things in life – we take it in, and we are grateful!

                                                                               Have a great week!

                                                                                                Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment