Friday, August 27, 2021

8-27-2021

 


Mary’s Minute

“Crying is all right in its way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do.”

                                                                       ~ C.S. Lewis, The Silver Chair

 This week I embarrassed myself and cried in front of people.  They know who they are, and I apologize again!  It just has been one of those weeks where the tears are just under the surface and burst out without notice. 

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.  My kids laugh about me being a crier.  In fact, sometimes they bet with each other about how soon it will take me to cry in certain situations (like them giving me a nostalgic gift or on a special day). 

Although crying in front of people is awkward, I think tears can be a good release of emotion.  Emotions, or at least mine, seem to be at an all-time high.  I like the C.S. Lewis’ advice, though.  Having an expression of emotion is good, but once we stop crying, we still have to go on – we need to get to work, make decisions, and live our best lives.

Tears may flow, but I promise that I can still work hard and do what needs to be done!

                                                              Hang in there, everyone!

                                                                                       Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment