Saturday, August 8, 2020

8-7-2020

 

Marys Minute

“There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in.”

― Leonard Cohen

My theme for the school year is “Be a Light” with my goal of supporting others in a humble way.  For me thinking of light is a way to acknowledge in an optimistic way that there is darkness in our lives right now.  There is uncertainty and even sadness, but there is LIGHT!  And it is the light that we must focus on and celebrate.

The quote from a Leonard Cohen poem reminds me that it is okay to have weaknesses and weak moments.  I think we are all having are moments where we are struggling.  For me it happened last night.  I had a long to-do list, but I was too emotionally and physically exhausted to do anything.  I cracked and just slept – I let the light shine in, and I woke up refreshed and grateful.

It is okay to have cracks.  Our cracks not only make us human, but they allow the light in so we can grow and be a better version of ourselves. 

Don’t be too hard on yourself.  Allow yourself to have cracks.  Let the light in, so that we can be a light for others.

                                                                        Be a light!

                                                                                    Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment