Saturday, August 15, 2020

8-14-2020

 

Mary’s Minute

“Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries.  Without them, humanity cannot survive.”

                                                                                ~ Dalai Lama

I recently signed up for a course called “Love as a Force for Social Justice,” and it has me so excited that I don’t even know where to begin!  I am excited about learning – admittedly I am pretty busy, but I decided to devote some time for learning by signing up for this free course through Coursera taught by a Stanford professor.  (I highly recommend this course or any of the hundreds of free learning opportunities available!)

I am so excited about the topic – LOVE.  We sometimes shy away from talking about love because we associate it merely with romantic love, but love is so much more!  The course focuses on agape love of kindness and compassion, but touches on all types of love. 

It puts the theory behind the way I was raised and what I believe about life.  Love really is the answer!  Kindness and compassion can change the world, and they can be heightened in all of us and taught.  Brain research shows that our brains are programmed to love one another.

During this stressful time, I want to focus on love.  We need it to survive, not just now, but as humans.  Love really is the answer! 

                                                                                                Love to all,

                                                                                                                Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment