Friday, January 10, 2020

MM 2.0 1-10-2020


Mary’s Minute

“A person is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.
                                                            ~ John Barrymore

I have had a wonderful couple weeks celebrating my career at Perry Central.  I am fortunate in so many ways!  I am grateful for the chance to do what I loved for 34 years and to work with the best people and community ever.  Now I am also grateful for a month to unplug and reflect before my next adventure.  I am thankful for a month that allows me to dream and not regret! 

I am excited about the next phase of my life that will lead me to a new home, a new community, and a new set of challenges.  I am thankful that the school community of Sheridan has welcomed me so warmly.  Starting over can be hard, but it also helps keep dreams alive and regrets at bay. 

Admittedly, as I watched the video that spanned my lifetime (Thank you, Tara Bishop, for the beautiful video tribute!), the word “old” was definitely on my mind. The high school photos, the young teacher in a romper, to the naïve 38 year old beginning superintendent certainly reminded me of younger days!  This quote was just what I needed to remind myself that life is full, and dreams abound! 

I have never been a person to believe in regrets.  It isn’t that I have not made mistakes, but I just believe that we are who are because of our collective experiences.  I am thankful for the mistakes because they have led me to where I am. 

No regrets – just so much gratitude and still many dreams!

By the way, this is my first post-Perry Central Mary’s Minute.  Mary’s Minute began when I became superintendent at P.C., but I have decided to continue the blog.  I want to write for me – as a way to keep writing, keep dreaming, and to continue to express my gratitude to the world!

                                                            Have a great week!
                                                                                    Mary


1 comment:

  1. All the best to you, Mary, as you turn the page to a new chapter. It warms my heart that you will keep writing; your thoughts are a thumbprint uniquely yours. Thank you for sharing yourself. For this, we are grateful.

    ReplyDelete