Friday, November 15, 2019

11-15-2019


Mary’s Minute

“Remember, teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability." --Patrick Lencioni

I do not take it for granted that I have been part of an incredible team at Perry Central over the years.  And when I say team, I really mean multiple teams.  I feel like I am part of the overall Perry Central team that encompasses the entire school community working together for our students.  I am proud to be part of the team with our supportive school board. 

The team I probably work most closely is our administrative team.  We solve problems together, we laugh together, we work hard together, and we make mistakes together.  I think part of being a team member is always assuming that your partners have the best intentions.  Today one of the administrators said, “I hope I didn’t step on your toes.”  I replied, “When we are all dancing the same dance, we can’t step on each other’s toes.” When we work with the same goal in mind, come at situations with the same set of values, and trust each other, we don’t get upset with each other when mistakes are made.  

I believe that part of a winning team is believing that every member is doing his/her best and has good intentions!  I make mistakes often, but my hope is that my team members know that I mean well, and in my heart I am doing my best, so they can trust me.  Great team members trust each other.  I am proud to be part of a trusting PC team, dancing the same dance!

                                                                        Have a great week!
                                                                                                Mary       

No comments:

Post a Comment