Friday, September 20, 2019

9-20-2019


Mary’s Minute

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”
                                                                                                   ~ Colin Powell

It has been a bit of an emotional week for me as I left Bill 2,000 miles away in Palo Alto, California.  I admit I worry -- even though I know it won’t do any good.  

One thing I am not worried about is whether he can handle the work at Stanford.  I know from the experience of Perry Central kids that he is ready.  The data shows that our kids do really well in college and even more important than the numbers for me are the stories.  Just this year already, I have heard of multiple students who said their calculus class in college is easy because Bob Linne prepared them so well.  We hear this every year.  Bill will be in Calc III with students from all over the world, but I know that he is ready because of the preparation he had at a little country school in Southern Indiana.  Our teachers believe that our kids deserve the very best, and through that belief and their hard work, they have prepared our students to thrive at the best universities in the world.  

I went through some Kleenex this week, but I didn’t shed a tear worrying whether Bill can handle the rigor of Stanford.  Thanks to Perry Central teachers, he is prepared.  As an administrator and a parent, thank you, teachers!

                                                                   Have a great week!
                                                                                    Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment