Friday, September 2, 2016

9-2-2016

Mary’s Minute
“Nothing will work unless you do.”
                                                     ~ Maya Angelou

“Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.”
                                                                             ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Work is often considered a negative thing.  We use the phrase, “I have to go to work,” rather than, “I get to go to work.”  Work for some is a drudgery with a clear distinction in their lives between work and play.  I have great compassion for people whose work is a drudgery, and I know that many people work in difficult physical conditions that make their feelings justifiable.  My hope is that all people can find the prize that Teddy Roosevelt described by finding satisfying work and having the opportunity to work hard at it.  Through that kind of hard work, not only do we have a feeling of satisfaction, but as Maya Angelou reminds us, things get done!  When we are involved in work worth doing, not only can we find satisfaction in the finished product, but we also can become immersed in a sense of flow.  Great work days are often ones that fly by because we get in a zone.  I am thankful that I have a job I love and am surrounded by people who find joy in work worth doing.  I am appreciative of all the workers who make our world click.  Work like so many things in life is a gift!                                                                 
                                                                              Happy Labor Day Weekend!

                                                                                  Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment