Friday, August 5, 2016

8-5-2016

Mary’s Minute
“People will forget what you said.  People will forget what you did.  But people will never forget how you made them feel.”            ~ Maya Angelou

Over time, I have forgotten more than I know, which makes this piece of Maya Angelou’s wisdom all the more powerful for me.  I have many memories where I do not remember what people did or said, but I remember my feelings.  I have the same sensation with dreams.  Sometimes I wake up in from a dream with no recollection of what was happening in the dream, while at the same time having a strong feeling running through my veins.  Feelings are powerful and stay with us!

Each year we choose a theme for the school year, and this year the theme is simply, “P.C. Cares.” 

We believe that through our caring school community, our students may forget what we say or what we do, but they will retain a sense that we care deeply about them. 
I am excited about the school year, and I am proud to be part of this caring community.  With kind words, hard work, simple smiles, high expectations, and unwavering dedication, our entire staff shows that our theme is right on the money – P.C. Cares!

                                                                       Here’s to a great year!

                                                                                            Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment