Friday, August 12, 2016

8-12-2016

Mary’s Minute


As we struggle to find peace in the tragic death of recent PC graduate, Josh Ward, I am struck by the magnitude of Josh’s influence during his life.  Any death, especially an unexpected one of someone so young, reminds us how fragile life is, the importance of treasuring every moment, and the importance of living without regrets.  Josh taught us these lessons and so many more.  He lived his life with maturity and wisdom that surpassed his years. 
Something else that I am trying to learn from this tragedy is the power of being open to possibilities.  We cannot begin to understand why something like this can happen.  There is absolutely no logic or justice to it, but I am trying to open my heart to see the good in the unexpected.  Because I knew Josh I feel like I am a better person, and I have to believe that through this tragedy doors will open that we cannot comprehend.  The key is opening our hearts and minds to them.  We understand so little in life, despite centuries of intellectual musings.  I may not be able to understand, but I can open my heart to potential – untapped potential that is out in the universe. 
Life is a blessing.  Josh was a blessing to all who knew him.  I am grateful for knowing him and grateful for the lessons that this tragedy may hold for the universe.
           With an open heart,
           Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment