Friday, April 22, 2016

4-22-2016


Mary’s Minute

 

"Love begins by taking care of the closest ones - the ones at home." — Mother Teresa

 

When I read quotes from Mother Teresa, I smile.  Not only do I love the words she spoke so selflessly, but they remind me of the beautiful selfless person she was.  This quote particularly touches my heart because it reminds me of a quote I heard from my dad hundreds of times, “Treat the people you love the most the best.”  Like Mother Teresa, thinking of my dad speaking these words with sincere love for his family, also makes me smile.  The lesson is so simple, but so important.  The concept seems pretty basic for the obvious reason, but besides the fact that the people who we love the most deserve the best we have to give, there is another important reason to “start at home.”  The way we treat others affects them, but it also affects us.  When we treat the ones we love the most the best, we will also be more likely to make a positive impact on the world – treating people with love makes us better.  When we can start at home and treat the ones we care about the most, the best, we will also spread light to the world because we are better because of it.  We cannot treat others with love, without becoming better for it. That is part of what makes Perry Central special.  Because of the family atmosphere we have, people “start at home” treating each other with kindness, which spreads to everything we do.  I can’t help but think that my dad and Mother Teresa would be proud of the way Perry Central people treat the people they care about with genuine kindness.

Have a great week!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment