Friday, April 1, 2016

4-1-2016


Mary’s Minute

“Life is less stressful when we seek the simple solutions.”

                                             ~ Moriel Randolph

 

The older I get the greater I see the need to simplify.  A popular book right now is The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, which I have not read yet, but just through association I have been inspired by it.  I am looking for ways to have less and to care more.  Looking at ways to simplify certainly has implications in our material possessions, but also in all areas of our life.  It is a way to look at the world.  Quoting the song, I recently was saying to Zoe and Bill, “In the end, only kindness matters.”  For me this is the simplest way to think about living and interacting with others.  Sometimes in life I think we try to hard when ultimately the simplest solutions are the most effective. 

I know that life is not always that easy.  I love complex theories of learning and believe that as educators and people we can benefit from stretching ourselves.  I also think that sometimes we need to step back and “declutter” by remembering at the most basic level that sometimes the simple solutions are the best. 

If we can find ways to declutter our lives in all aspects from our thoughts to our material possessions, I believe we can live less stressful lives.  My goal is to keep emptying my closets while working to fill my heart with positive thoughts.

 

                                                            Have a great week! 

                                                                        Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment