Monday, February 15, 2016

2-5-2016


Mary’s Minute

 

“Control what you can control. Don't lose sleep worrying about things that you don't have control over because, at the end of the day, you still won't have any control over them.”

                                                                        ~ Cam Newton

“Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow.”

                                                                        ~ Swedish Proverb

“A day of worry is more exhausting than a day of work.”

                                                                        ~John Lubbock

 

“Don’t worry,” is one of those phrases that we probably catch ourselves saying to people several times a day.  We all know intellectually that worry is not productive, but we all do it.  When I think about things that cause me worry, I would put them in three categories:  things within my control that I need to accomplish; things outside of my control; and things that I have not taken time to categorize to know whether I can control them or not.  What I mean about the third category is that sometimes I just worry without even taking time to know why.  Sometimes I find myself fretting without even knowing why, but once I stop and think I feel better.  For me, it is important to consciously define what is causing me grief.  Then I can take action if it is within my control or do my best to let it go if it is something out of my control.  Procrastination can not only delay action, but also enhance worry.  I have found myself putting things off that I dread, only to realize that once I jump in and get it done, it really wasn’t that bad.  And so, I will end with how I began with some simple advice, “Don’t worry!”

               Thanks for all you do! 

                                                Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment