Friday, February 25, 2022

2-25-2022

 


Mary’s Minute

“Freedom and happiness are found in the flexibility and ease with which we move through change.”

                                                                        —  Buddha

We all know people who just roll with anything, while others do not deal with change very well and often find themselves stressed.  Personally, I think I am somewhere in the middle of the spectrum.  I have always been proud of myself for enjoying change, but let’s face it, change is not always fun. 

Some changes are major and part of life – our kids moving away from home -- growing older -- retiring!  Other changes are just part of our everyday life and can be good, bad, or neutral.  It isn’t life-shattering that I had to change my dinner plans with friends last night because of icy roads, but it was a change. 

With every change – whether watching my baby drive off across the country or being late for an appointment because of traffic, I know I have a choice.  I can roll with the change with ease and flexibility, or I can wallow in sadness, anger, and regret.  They all pay the same, but the ability to be flexible and embrace change, pays off with the priceless dividend of a happier existence. 

I am not sure that the last few years have really brought more change for me or whether I am just more cognizant of it.  Either way, I am thinking a lot about life changes.  Thinking of life changes makes me think about all change and how I handle it.  Of course, Buddha is correct in advising that happiness comes from navigating change with ease.  I have made it a personal goal!

                                                                                          Have a great week!

                                                                                                    Mary                

            


No comments:

Post a Comment