Friday, July 10, 2020

7-10-2020



Mary’s Minute

“Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be.” 
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


I was sitting at my desk after what felt like a pretty tough day, when Tommy, our custodian supervisor, stopped at my door and said, “Are you okay?”  He wasn’t just meaning in the moment, although I suspect I looked pretty frazzled, he meant it as an offer to help, an offer of encouragement.  It was encouragement that inspired me, although in the moment I nearly just broke down in tears from the shear act of kindness and relief it brought. 
In a similar way, I was inspired by our bus drivers, who while facing a tremendous challenge of transporting students under restrictions created by COVID, encouraged me and offered to help in any way they could. I am inspired by the kind parents and teachers who have encouraged me.
Ralph Waldo Emerson sums it up – we need to be inspired to be who we know we can be.  We all have moments when we are feeling less than inspired, but encouragement from others takes us to the next level where we feel we can do more and be more – to the level of being what we know we can be!
I am so incredibly grateful for the people who lift me up through kindness and encouragement, and their kindness inspires me to be a source of love and light for others.
Thank you for the inspiration!
                                                                                                Mary

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You inspire me to search for words that describe your gift for being sensitive to the feelings of others, and to be appreciative. I try ... no other words better do I find than “thanks!” and “It is a gift ...”

    ReplyDelete