Friday, January 18, 2019

1-18-2019


Mary’s Minute

"Finding good players is easy.  Getting them to play as a team is another story." 
                                                                           ~ Casey Stengel

Typically the word team conjures up sports images.  Since I have personally never played on a sports team, that reference is abstract to me.  Yet, I feel like I understand the value and the elements that make up a successful team. 

We are all part of different teams and different levels of teams.  Our families are one team.  As teachers, we see our students as members of another kind of team.  We have work teams.  Teams are also at different levels.  For instance, for me I have my administrative team with whom I work most closely, but I also consider the entire Perry Central staff my team, and going one step broader, I am proud to be part of the team of the Perry Central community. 

Teams are not just about having good people, although that is certainly a plus.  A successful team is about how the people come together.  I can boil down the elements of team to two concepts:  sharing a common goal and relationships.  For a team to be successful its members need to share a common goal, and they need to care about each other.  I think both are essential.  At Perry Central relationships matter, making us one step closer to having a successful team.

I am especially proud to be part of a strong, caring administrative team, which includes a supportive school board.  It isn’t something I take for granted.  We share common goals of creating positive experiences for our students, and we care about each other.

I was fortunate to be able to represent my amazing team in Indianapolis on Tuesday night.  I am grateful for our shared vision and our strong relationship.  I was lucky enough to dine with the Governor, but I was there representing my awesome team!  
                
                                                                              Have a great week!
                                                                                               Mary                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment