Friday, April 6, 2018

4-6-2018

Mary’s Minute

“Better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing perfectly.”
                                                         ~ Robert H. Schuller

A few months ago I fell in love with the color of a kitchen in a magazine.  I tore the page out and imagined painting my kitchen and dining room the exact hue.  After toting it around for a few months, I went to my brother’s paint store and had the paint mixed.  As I started painting my walls, I was not as convinced as I was in the magazine, but I decided that it was better to do something wrong than to do nothing at all! 

A few days ago I found myself in a situation where I wanted to talk to someone, but I didn’t know what to say.  I had a sleepless night living with regret of staying silent.  I found myself thinking of my painted walls – better to do the wrong thing than to do nothing at all.  In that moment, sadly I did nothing.  

Sure we like to do things right.  Working towards perfection is something for which we strive, but I would rather live with making the wrong move than that of making no move.   After all, making mistakes is part of the learning process, so if what we do is right, it is a win.  If it is wrong, we learn from it. 

The burning question you all have is: do I like my paint color?  I actually think I do!  The even better news is that I have not injured myself painting my very high walls!

                                                               Have a great week!

                                                                                 Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment