Friday, November 17, 2017

11-17-2017

Mary's Minute

“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and 
change ordinary opportunities into blessings.”
                                                         ~ William Arthur Ward



I have been writing Mary’s Minute for fifteen years, and I am guessing (I did not do the research.) that gratitude is the most common topic about which I have written.  With Thanksgiving upon us, I cannot help but think about the beauty of the gift of feeling and sharing gratitude.  I have read that people in the most horrific situations get through them because they feel gratitude.  Anne Frank is a perfect example.  No matter what our situation, we always can find things for which we are thankful.  

My mom has always taught me that every day can be a holiday, and this quote reminded me that every single day can and should be “Thanksgiving.”  If we can start each day by thinking about the things that are blessings in our lives, we are guaranteed to have a better day.  It sounds simple, but it really is true. 

The other important element of gratitude is expressing it.  All people appreciate being appreciated, so expressing our gratitude is always a good idea! 
This Thanksgiving Week, please know that I am thankful for each of you – for what you mean to Perry Central and to me personally.  I know that you all work very hard for the students of Perry Central.  Please know that you are appreciated!  

                                                       Have a great week!
                                                                       Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment