Friday, December 18, 2015

12-18-2015


Mary’s Minute

“If there is to be any peace it will come through being, not having.”

                        ~ Henry Miller

I think we are all still in the hustle and bustle stage of the holiday season.  This stage for some people is a jolly one, while for some it turns stressful.  We are busy “preparing” while we remain cheerful in order to spread cheer.  For me, although I am happy and love the joy of the season, I am running around like mad most of the time.  There comes a point that all becomes calm for me.  It may be a moment in church, the calm after the wrapping paper explosion, or maybe a simple moment when I catch a twinkle of Christmas lights.  At some moment, all becomes tranquil, and I am at peace.  There is something about Christmas that always gives me that wonderful feeling.  It may not last long, but there is something incredibly special about Christmas peace.  It is the kind of peace that I truly believe could solve all the problems in the world if everyone could experience simultaneously.  Wishing you and your family love, joy, and the special peace of Christmas!

                                                Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment