Friday, December 19, 2014

12-19-2014


Mary’s Minute

 

“Holidays are about experiences and people, and turning into what you feel like doing at the moment.  Enjoy not having to look at a watch.”

                                                                                                                                                ~ Evelyn Glennie

In the hustle and bustle of the season, we feel like we don’t have time to slow down.  The clock becomes our enemy as we rush from one task to another.  It would be nice if we could take Glennie’s advice more often than on holidays.  I think that we all look forward to Christmas so that we can just enjoy the moment and not look at a watch.  The holidays are a good time to reflect on what we really value and try to add more of what is important throughout the rest of year.  Christmas is a time for thinking of others, giving to those who have less, smiling more, saying kind words to strangers, and slowing down and just enjoying the moment.  Each year I tell myself that I will work to add more of what is important in life throughout the entire year.  I love Christmas!  I love the excitement, as well as the hush that makes the entire world glow.  I love giving to others and showing gratitude.  I appreciate the beauty of decorated trees and twinkling lights.  I marvel at the kindness we show to strangers at this time of the year.  I respect the spiritual traditions that make the holiday special.  These are the things I want to be part of my life!  Christmas represents for me all that is good in the world!             

 

Merry Christmas all year long! 

                                                                                                Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment