Thursday, October 2, 2014

10-03-2014


Mary’s Minute

 Growing up my dad often told my siblings and me, “Remember what Jesus said, ‘Love one another.”   Quoting Jesus and using the word, “love” may evoke romantic or religious sentiment, but that is not at all what my intent is here.  For me what my dad meant and what matters to me most with my family and in all I do, is treating people with kindness.  What is life really about?  Whether it is the way we want our own children to interact or the way we want our school climate to feel - it all boils down to how we treat people.  Thinking of love as a sense of genuine caring, what we all really want in the world is love.  Taking it even farther, we have to wonder what our nation and world would be like if people practiced the simple act of love or kindness more.  Kindness matters.  Treating people with respect is important.  Perry Central is a special place because people care about each other, and they understand that treating people with kindness and respect is the basis for learning and being.  I feel fortunate that I learned from my parents early to, “Love one another.”

Have a great week!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment