Friday, May 16, 2014

5-16-2014


Mary’s Minute

“Sometimes crying or laughing are the only options left, and laughing feels better right now.”  

                                                                 ~ Veronica Roth

“I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.”   

                                                           ~ Audrey Hepburn

When I think of life’s gifts one of the greatest may be the ability to laugh.  I love the Veronica Roth quote because we all have had times in our life that we don’t know whether to laugh or cry.  Sometimes our brains do not give us the chance to choose, and tears just start flowing.  Given the choice, laughter is certainly a better option.   There is evidence that supports the notion that laughter truly does help cure ills.  Laughing really can make us physically feel better!   As we go about our daily lives, it is great if we can find humor in life, we will be healthier and happier.  If we can laugh at ourselves we are even better off.  I am happy to make people laugh – it is best if they can laugh with me, but I will settle for people laughing at me.  The important thing is that we laugh.  Diana Jones is a beautiful example of someone who loves laughter.  With Diana’s retirement, we will miss the sound of her contagious laughter in the first grade hallway.  Laughing does not mean that we do not take life seriously.  It just means that we choose to be happy and spread happiness. 

Have a great week!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment